Well, here we are in the third month of this mystery. I was glad to see the Facebook posts and that you liked the block we made last month. I’m loving the way it turned out and I like the next block too! Scraps with Attitude! WooHoo!
March came in like a lion around here but its showing glimpses of a lamb. One good thing……. with all the bad weather we’ve had, at least there has been lots of quilting time! When Spring finally comes around it will probably move right into Summer. And I am ready! Enough polar vortex, ice storms and days with 60 mph winds! Give me Spring!!! Bring it on!!! I want to be outside making new gardens! Going to Fawn Lake! Watching the birds! We kind of missed last summer…..it just flew by with all the new stuff going on. Hopefully we can just sit and enjoy the summertime this year. Can’t wait to breathe in that warm air, put my feet up and have a nice cool drink! (Sigh)
Well, let’s get on with this mystery!
Handy Dandy Scrap Quilt – Clue #3
9. Using the 2 7/8″ assorted colored and white squares that have been cut on the diagonal, sew one colored and one white on the diagonal as shown to make 2 1/2″ square. Make 80. Press to the dark side and trim.
10. Sew 2 – 2 7/8″ assorted HST to two side of the above square as shown. Make sure that the white HST is in the top position of the triangle. Press and trim dog ears.
11. Sew 1 – 4 7/8″ background HST to the above triangle to make a 4 1/2″ square. Complete 80. Press and trim.
12. (NOTE: When writing this clue, I noticed that the cutting requirements have an error. The 20 pairs (2 the same-40 total) – 3 1/2″ colored squares need to be cut to 3 1/4″. Sorry, I try but errors do occur. At least you don’t have to cut new blocks. 🙂 )
You are going to need 4 matching 2 1/2″ square hourglass blocks. I know some of you had problems last year getting your blocks to the correct size. There are several methods you can use to make these blocks. Please feel free to use your preferred method. This is mine:
Using the 3 1/4″ white and 3 1/4″ colored pairs which have been cut on one diagonal. Sew one white and one colored Half Square Triangle (HST) on the diagonal as shown. Keeping each set together, press and trim dog ears.
13. Cut each on the diagonal again as shown. Match up to make 4 – 2 1/2″ hourglass blocks. Make 20 sets. Press and trim keeping each set together.
Well, there you have it! It’s hard to know where to stop with this clue but I guess it will do until next month. I don’t want to give too much away! Hee! Hee! April’s clue will post on the 10th by 7pm EDT.
As usual, PLEASE do not post these instructions on Facebook. I ask that you send people here to the website for information. If you have not joined in the fun on Facebook, check me out at MakingScrappyQuiltsWithCharlotte. I love seeing all your hard work and getting to chat with you a bit.
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION ON FACEBOOK.
Please feel free to direct others to this website for the information and clues.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!