In Clue #3. instruction #9. 48 units were set aside for later use. These are to be used in Clue #4 instruction #20 instead if making new ones. (Sorry, the old girl forgot about them!) I also updated the instructions in the last post.
This winter just keeps dragging on! Yes, it was snowing when we went to bed the other night but the good news was that it had miraculously melted by morning with temps in the 40’s. Crazy weather! I hope that offering was the last of the white stuff until next winter! Enuf Already!!!! But the real good news is that Clue #4 is here. I debated if or how I could drag this out another month but it just wasn’t happening. So not only do you get Clue #4……..the last clue…….but you also get the REVEAL! How good is that!? I love that so many of you are having fun with this mystery and I love seeing your progress on Facebook. Thank you from the bottom of my quilty heart for the joy and acceptance that you have bestowed on me. I love putting these together!
Scrappy Stars Around the Corner – Clue #4
18. Choose 12 – 3 1/2″ assorted medium to dark colored squares for the center of the blocks. Using very light/light sections from the 4 1/4″ squares that have been cut on the diagonal, sew one section on top and bottom of the 3 1/2″ square. Then sew one on each side, making a square in a square block (4 3/4″ sq.) as shown below. Press and trim off dog ears.
19. Using the med/dark colored assorted 3 7/8″ squares that have been cut on the diagonal, sew one assorted section on each side of the above block the same as you did in #18. Press and trim (6 1/2″ sq.).
20. Find the 48 sections that were made and set aside from #9 OR using sections from med/dark 4 1/4″ sq. cut on both diagonals, sew one section to two sides of of very light/light 2 5/8″ square as shown below.
21. Sew one section from #20 to each side of the unit in #19.
22. Sew one 3 7/8″ med/dark HST to two sides of med/dark 3 1/2″ square the same was as in #20. Make 48. Press away from the square, trim dog ears.
23.Sew each section from #22 to each unit from #21. Press and trim. 12 completed blocks (12 1/2″).
24. Lay out blocks as below using sashing, 2 1/2″ assorted cornerstones and assorted 2 7/8″ HST st the outside edge of the sashing. Border as desired.
And here is my Scrappy Stars Around the Corner….blowing in the wind! I had a tough time getting a picture. First, while the sun was still shining, I laid it out on the front hill but it kept blowing away. So then I resorted to the neighbor’s clothesline and that was a little better but the nice sun was gone. Now, it’s raining! Well, at least it’s better than SNOW!!! And of course, every picture that was fairly good had my thumb in the corner. It’s hard to get good help around here….LOL!
I purposely did not put a border on my quilt YET. I have a few ideas that I am juggling around that I will share with you in the next few days. Until then…….Happy Quilting!
© 2015 Charlotte Hawkes. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to copy and/or distribute copies of this pattern whether or not you profit from it.
I welcome your enthusiasm and publicity but Please do not share these clues on Facebook. Please feel free to direct others to this website for the information and clues. Thank You.