My apologies ! Thanks to Liz, it was brought to my attention that the number of med/dark 4 1/4″ squares need for this pattern was posted incorrectly. So if you all were figuring you must have miscounted or something, the problem was not yours but totally mine. You need a total of 150 -4 1/4″ med/dark squares instead of 128. So if you haven’t been there yet,……..back to the scrap bin for 22 more. I truly apologise. I do try very hard to get all my instructions correct but I guess I goofed up this time. Hopefully this will get us all back on track and I hope I haven’t messed you up too much. Just for your info, if you have completed this clue, you should not need to find any more from the scrap bin. You should be all caught up. The remaining numbers should be ok………golly, I hope! Again, my apologies !
It feels like Spring around here lately! Except for the occasional snow storm and we are way behind in that department. But that’s all right with me! I’ll take warmish weather and bits of snow here and there any day all winter. Bring on the sun! I’m ready! And I KNOW you are all ready for this next clue! So here it goes and it’s a long one with lots of parts. So have fun!
Scrappy Stars Around the Corner – Clue #3
8. Using 3 7/8″ med/dark HST, sew two together as shown below. No need to match – just take as random. Make 36. Press later if you wish. Set aside.
9. Using sections from med/dark 4 1/4″ sq. cut diagonally, sew one section to two sides of a 2 5/8″ very light/light square as shown below No need to match. Make 80. Press away from the square. Trim dog ears. Set aside.
10. Sew one 3 7/8″ med/dark HST to two sides of med/dark 3 1/2″ square the same way as above. Make 14. Press, trim and set aside.
11. Sew one med/dark 4 1/4″ section to one light 4 1/4″ section to make a square. Press to dark and trim. Sew one med/dark 4 1/4″ section to each side of the LIGHT 4 1/4″ section to make the triangle unit below. Make 4. Press and trim.
12. Sew each above triangle unit to one unit from step #9 as shown to make a 4 1/2″ square.
16. Sew one unit from step #9 to each side as shown below. Press and trim.
17. Sew one unit from step #8 to each side and one section from step #10 to the top. Complete 14 half blocks. Press, trim and set aside.
Happy Quilting! The next clue will be on April 12th at 7pm Eastern Daylight Time (yaaaay!).
© 2015 Charlotte Hawkes. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to copy and/or distribute copies of this pattern whether or not you profit from it.
I welcome your enthusiasm and publicity but Please do not share these clues on Facebook. Please feel free to direct others to this website for the information and clues. Thank You.